- Human Services
In response to the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the Human Services Department will be taking the necessary steps to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff while doing our part to assist in minimizing the spread.
The Government Services Building (GSB) is currently open to the public. The public is urged to conduct business over the phone and email, when possible.
- Agency Phone Number: 608-328-9393
- Agency Email Address
- 24 Hour Crisis Line: 888-552-6642
The Department of Human Services is a governmental agency authorized by Wisconsin State Statutes. The Department evaluates eligibility and administers a variety of Social and Human Services programs to persons living in Green County.
We provide information, referral, support and assistance to county residents at risk of or experiencing:
- Economic Hardship
- Incapacities Related to Aging or Disabling Conditions
- Juvenile Crime
- Mental Health Issues
- Substance Abuse
- Adult Protective Services
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Aging Services
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment
- Birth to Three Services
- Certified Day Care
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Welfare Services
- Children's Long Term Support Services
- Community Support Program for the Chronically Mentally Ill
- Comprehensive Community Services
- Court Assistance for Alcohol, Drug, and Mental Commitments
- Court Ordered Intoxicated Driver Assessment and Treatment
- FoodShare Wisconsin
- Foster Home Licensing
- Guardianship and Protective Placement Services for Incompetent Adults
- Juvenile Court Services
- Juvenile Delinquency Services
- Medical Assistance and Badgercare
- Mental Health Treatment
- Supportive/Protective Services for Eligible Vulnerable Adults
Committee of Jurisdiction
Make a Payment
Individuals served by the Human Services Department can make a payment for services provided or for amounts owed on their account.
The online payment service is processed by GovPayNet. A convenience fee is charged by GovPayNet for using this service.